Monday 4 March 2019

Lyreco has entered the world of venture capital

Right. I don't know where the Voice is, dear reader(s). When I'm in a deadly serious mood, he seems to disappear. What does that tell you?

Anyway, let's get down to business ...

The Lyreco Group, European leader and number three worldwide in the distribution of workplace supplies solutions to businesses, is marking its entry into the world of venture capital with a first investment in the Partech Entrepreneur III fund. The move to partner with Partech, a pioneer in corporate relations, sees Lyreco accelerate its transformation strategy with innovation at the heart of its development.

Okay, okay. It's a PR email. More about Lyreco -

The group operates in 25 countries and covers 42 countries through its partnerships. With a turnover of two billion Euros, its results can be attributed to its close collaboration with its customers, outstanding logistics and the ambition that it shares with its 9,000 employees: "Always at your side to make your work life easier".

So, uh ... they're making work lives easier. Or they want to. / Well, I don't know. I don't actually need my work life to be easier. I mean, it's bloody hard, man. But I don't need it to be easier. I'm just going to do it now, no matter what. Something has snapped inside me. I don't care what I face. I don't care what the obstacles are.

It would be funny if the people who used to "know" me "knew" me now. Isolation has changed me.

I've been thinking about my astrologer. I haven't seen him for years and years. I think he's retired. But the things he told me! How the fuck did he know?!

I was nothing ... [and, uh ... something]. However, this guy saw into the core of my being. And he accepted the most bizarre stuff I told him like I was talking about the weather.

"This investment is fully aligned with our transformation plan, launched 18 months ago. We want to explore new innovative solutions and be able to offer our customers new services that meet their requirements", says Herve Milcent, Lyreco's CEO.

Okay. Thank you, Herve.

"Partech will help us to structure our approach to the start-up ecosystem, and this investment completes our M&A process to detect the next digital leaders. It is a monitoring tool giving us the ability to better anticipate changes that will transform our sector and to integrate digital more rapidly in our strategy and our services", says Ludovic Teinte, Lyreco's head of corporate development.

Okay. Thank you, Ludovic.

"Partech is delighted to have Lyreco as an investor alongside the major corporates and institutions that have joined Partech Entrepreneur III, and to benefit from its international coverage and B2B expertise", says Romain Lavault, general partner for Partech Entrepreneur III.

Okay. Thank you, Romain.

ENDS

...

Anything else? Yes, there's something else, dear reader(s). There's SOMETHING ELSE. I'm making a fresh start today. Yeah, yeah. You've heard that before, BUT(!) ... this is different. Why? I'll tell you. I've shifted my paradigm enough now to make a serious start on a new life. Elon Musk sent the Crew Dragon to the space station this weekend. That's probably his greatest achievement so far. He founded Zip2 in 1995. That's twenty-four years ago. He was only worth thousands of dollars then, and his main concern was helping people - via the internet - to find their local pizza parlour. So, it's time to get real. I didn't do much this weekend. I was just thinking, man. I was thinking a lot. I played the music for Stella a bit. The lyrics? I'll do the best I can, sure, but the music is so powerful that it hardly matters what I say with the words.

Oh, this will be the demo -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
Round the Bend
Lucky You
Stella

Yes, five songs. Arctic Monkeys had an eighteen-track demo. Seven of those songs appeared on their debut album. So, five is all right. And I'll be able to hold Malibu back. Or maybe I should include it ... ? I don't know what to do. Maybe my four best songs like I said last week.

So, yeah, yeah, I'm in a very bad mood this morning. Angry. But I'm making a genuine fresh start that will last the rest of my life.

Laters.