Wednesday 12 July 2023

It's time to get ambitious, kooks

Are you digging me???

I've got three nice poems, two medium-size ones - which I think are great; and the smallish one, On the island.

I've scrapped Owlman and the smallest one of eight lines, and I've taken bits of them to put in a BIG(!) free verse poem. Maybe 150 lines or so. I'll see how it goes.

My thinking is ... I should write the biggest and the greatest of the first volume poems now.

Once it's done, the rest of the poems won't be easy, but ... the whole volume won't be so daunting any more. You dig?

I've already got thirty lines.

Last night, I spent about two hours coming up with good title after good title. I would Google it each time ... only to discover that it was a book, or a TV show, or a song, or Christ knows what.

Eventually, I dreamt up a great title for the poem, and Google returned ... NO RESULTS!!!

'Yippee!'

Thanks, Voice.

Persistence and hard work pay off, my friends. Never forget that.

And, uh ... don't let anyone tell you that free verse is easier than traditional verse. I mean, it's a pain in the arse polishing the first draft of "prose" into poetry; and if you change one line, the whole thing can become unbalanced. Which means even more rewriting. / Man, with the structure and rules of traditional verse, oh ... you can get away with murder. Seriously.

Anyway ...

PR emails? Ha! I got loads. More than I need, actually. 'Do one of them, then.' I will. 'When?' Tomorrow. 'Tomorrow?!' Yes, idiot. Tomorrow!

Oh, he makes me furious sometimes. Never never never never never never mind, eh?

Uh.

Anything else?

'Tell them about your walk to Richmond this morning.'

No.

BUT(!) ... in that film, Shakespeare in Love, a palace in Richmond is mentioned. I was curious, so I looked it up on the internet, and ... there was a palace there once, on Richmond Green.

Also, years ago, ah, years ago ... I used to work in the Shoreditch area about a hundred yards or metres or whatever from the site of one of Shakey's theatres. Where he had his plays put on, you know?

Anyway ...

See you tomorrow, finance fans, with a PR email.

'Yippee!'

Laters.