Thursday 1 February 2024

Was this the face that launched a thousand ships and burnt the topless towers of Ilium?

Ha! Don't worry about that, kooks. I've got my own blankness to deal with. Do you understand?

The facts are -

(Oh, two of them ...)

I need more time ...

And ...

I need more energy.

I just ...

You know?

Anyway, I had a dream last night where someone was asking me about one of my six lines of that blankness. They said something to me, sort of paraphrasing, like. And I looked at them, and thought to myself: That's from my poem. And the person goes: Yeah, I was wondering about that line of yours ...

I don't know who it was.

My dreams, man.

Mysticism? I got mysticism coming out of me ears. Believe it, baby!

'I believe it, boss.'

Of course you do, Voice.

'Where were you yesterday?'

Er ... where were you?

'On the astral plane.'

Right. Well, I went for a walk to Richmond, as is my wont because I wanted to, and on the way back along the river ...

Well, I remembered ... the Duke of Northumberland.

'Is that a pub?'

Eh? No, it's not a bloody pub! That's the guy who lives in that big house ... by the river, like.

[Merely his London home. FFS.]

'Oh, okay. / And ... is he thin? Is he ... incredibly white?'

Yeah, probably. I don't know. It doesn't matter, does it?

'It's not the side effects of the -'

Shut up, Voice.

'All right.'

Anyway ...

Time and energy.

I've become obsessed with my poetry, kooks. I've got to get thirty poems. Small ones, obviously. And then I want to write more BIG ones.

But how???

Maybe some time on the beaches and the cliffs will be good for me ...

But I wouldn't want to get stuck like that ... with no way back to civilization.

'Ha!'

Not that I care for civilization much. Don't get the wrong idea. It's just ... that's where the poetry world of books, magazines, and competitions is.

Otherwise, I might just float out to sea ... with only the dolphins for readers.

'Worse things happen.'

Yeah.

Can they understand human?

'They can understand you.'

Nice one!

Well, anyway ... time and energy ...

Uh ...

Never mind. It's my problem. We all have our problems. We've got to trust in the cosmos.

Those of us who believe. I mean, all the kooks of my acquaintance.

'Readers!'

Ha! Lovely human readers! But no squares!

'Ugh! Squares!'

You - oh YOU(!) - understand, don't you?

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS