Monday 3 December 2007

Morgan Stanley: frontier markets

More foolhardy behaviour. Apparently, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is moving into frontier markets with its Frontier Emerging Markets Fund. This fund covers 33 countries, including the Caribbean.

I say foolhardy because zombies working in finance in the Caribbean are out of control at the moment. Dougie Smith, secretary of the Finsbury Square Zombie Club, recently returned from Haiti, and he had this to say, 'Don't get me wrong, I do care about the zombies in Haiti - they face terrible discrimination - but I'm afraid they are their own worst enemies sometimes. I would not advise Morgan Stanley to get involved, not right now. I could tell you stories that would make your hair stand on end. Zombies working in banking and finance over there are completely corrupt. Maybe they are seeking revenge for years of ill treatment. Would you blame them? Who are we to judge? Shamans and mystics who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones at zombies who live in graveyards in Haiti. I think that's a fair point.'

I'm not sure it is a fair point. And I didn't call them corrupt, Dougie did. I'm not throwing stones at any fucked-up zombies in a country I've never even been to. I'm not into all this voodoo nonsense. They can keep it. I just don't care about frontier markets. End of.