Monday 20 October 2008

Bowmark Capital is expanding its investment team

Wonderful news. The private equity firm Bowmark Capital is expanding its investment team. Is there an echo in here? Never mind. I'm writing this in my cave. What cave? The cave of my mind, silly. Don't worry, I haven't run away into the desert. I'm still standing. I'm ready to fight another day. Today, in fact. But forget all that. Let's concentrate on Julian Masters and Tom Shelford. Who are these two schnooks, you're probably wondering. Oh, don't be like that. I'm sure Julian and Tom are great guys. Well, Julian, anyway. They've just joined Bowmark. Julian is a top financial shaman, and Tom is a holy man of some description. I mean, that's what I've been told. He seems to be a bit of a mystery man.

I have been speaking to Susan Flint from Bad Moon Investments. She told me, 'Yeah, everyone wants to know who this Tom Shelford character is. Rumour has it that Bowmark Capital found this guy wandering around the desert in just a loincloth. No one really knows if he has any training in financial shamanism. I think Bowmark is desperate. The firm sees some guy in a loincloth, and it's like He'll do. It's a bit of a gamble, isn't it?'

It bloody well is. Who's responsible for recruitment at Bowmark? Tom could be a friggin' nutcase for all they know. That's no way to run a business. Sign of the times, I suppose.