Wednesday 29 October 2008

Hedge fund managers seek revenge on Porsche and Volkswagen

A lot of hedge fund managers read this blog. Not so many limp-wristed traditional bankers, but a lot of hedge fund managers. I guess they like my aggressive, take-no-prisoners, commie-baiting attitude. And the respect is mutual. I admire their hunger for making money - even in the darkest of times! But I've been getting a few emails. It seems they now want me to destroy Porsche and Volkswagen. Why? Well, because they have sold VW shares short, but the share price is going through the roof. Porsche is the main villain, but the hedgies want to take down Volkswagen as well. Blind fury.

This puts me in a difficult position. I don't want to upset my most devoted readers, but then I don't want to turn to the dark side either. But there is a solution. I know for a fact that the demonic financier Jack Pickles has lost millions of pounds in this affair. He will deal with it. I can't say I approve. But he will deal with it.