Monday 22 August 2011

Ain't got much to say, today

I'm not even looking at the news. I'm sure it's all very interesting to someone, but I've got bigger fish to fry. No, I haven't found myself a job in a chip shop. I'm talking about my fresh start next week, after the bank holiday. I'm mentally preparing myself for it.

I have a theory. Do you want to hear it? My theory is that if you want to get anywhere in life you have to get rid of all the negative voices in your head. The ones that say: 'Oh, you can't do that. Everyone will laugh at you.' Or: 'Don't waste your time, mate. It'll be a disaster.' Or: 'Kill yourself.' And the best way to get rid of those voices is to be active - CONSTANTLY. Like Bill Gates, working sixteen hours a day, seven days a week, for five years, WITHOUT ONE DAY OFF.

So that's what I'm going to try. I'm going to drown the voices out with work. I'll take Saturday nights off. I'll have small breaks here and there - walks in the park, that sort of thing - but most of the time I'll be working.

God knows if I'll stick to it. I never have done before. But I am sick of my life the way it is. Something's got to change or I'll go insane.