Tuesday 24 April 2012

What on earth is the Gam Star Barclays Dynamic Multi-Index Allocation fund?

It's no use asking me because I don't know. I only found out this morning that the blasted thing even existed. What will they think of next?

I can tell you that Chi Lee and David Smith are mixed up in it. They're looking for a return of Libor plus 4 to 6 per cent. Diabolical. Where do they find these people?

I'm glad I don't work in finance. Well, not directly. Being a shaman, a spiritual leader, is enough for me. Multi-strategy? Do me a favour! There's no way I would be able to cope.

_________________________


I'm waiting for some new guitar strings to come through the post. My Martin 80/20 bronze strings (light) are all right, but very tough on the fingers. I'm hoping the Elixir 92/8 phosphor bronze (light) acoustic sets with ultra-thin nanoweb coating will be better. They should be. They cost more than three times as much.

I need a new guitar. Twenty years ago I bought an acoustic guitar for £300. My latest one only cost £70 from Argos. This stuff's important because I can't afford to pay for professional demos. I need to play and sing myself. And I'm not the greatest musician, nor the greatest singer. However, I think the songs will shine through.

I need a keyboard of some kind. I remember in the sixth form at school: I was playing The Jean Genie on the piano in the lecture theatre and one of my friends came in. He thought it was the music teacher, Mr Brown, rocking out. He couldn't believe it was me. / But Mr Brown wasn't a rocker. More into hymns and that.


Update (3.30pm): I reckon I need a simple lyric like this for my Gilly, Gilly song. Unbelievably simple, Susie Q, but great with the music. I have the music. Music ain't the problem. It took me seconds to write and sounds perfect. But it's the words. It's the words, man.