Tuesday 3 January 2017

Banks in London are getting ready to make Brexit announcements

Well, well ... / Yeah, that's from the Guardian. Go and have a look, reader(s). (I can't be bothered to link.) Sometime in the next couple of months, the banks in London will say what they're going to be doing. They've given May and her government enough time. Apparently, Brexit still means Brexit. 'Ha! What does that mean, boss?' Ha! No one knows, Voice. May herself doesn't know. She's just playing for time, but time is running out.

I think it's going to be grim. I think a lot of banks and other financial businesses will relocate to mainland Europe. Britain will become a waste land without the jobs and tax money. 'Lord have mercy! What's going to happen to us?' Well, I know that the Brexit crowd have a hard-on for the 1950s, but I reckon it will be more like the 1970s. Inflation, power cuts, three day weeks, strikes, flares, T. Rex - the works! 'At least we'll get some decent music for a change.' Yeah. I mean, I might release an album this year. 'Yeah?' You never know, man. Personally, I'm looking on the bright side of Brexit. It's an ill wind ...

...

Anything else? Uh, I'm afraid there's no other news, dear reader(s). I'm the only financial journalist working at the moment, and ... [drum roll] ... I'm not even a financial journalist, you dig? 'Ha! You might as well be, boss. Ten years you've been doing this now, man and boy.' Yes, shaman and boy. What dedication!