Tuesday 24 January 2017

George Osborne is joining BlackRock

Oh, that's nice, ain't it? 'Is it, boss?!' Yes, Voice. It's about time our George got a break in life. I mean, he's had such a hard time of it. 'Are we talking about George Osborne?' Yes. 'The ex-chancellor?' Yes, of course. Who do you think we're talking about? 'Well, I don't know.' George Osborne, man. He's going to be an adviser, providing perspectives on European politics and policy, Chinese economic reform, and trends, and other shit. At BlackRock, too! It's a nice job.

BlackRock is trusted to manage more money than any other investment firm. Our business is investing on behalf of our clients - from large institutions to parents and grandparents, teachers, nurses, doctors and people from all walks of life who entrust their savings to us.

You see? Parents and grandparents, teachers, nurses, doctors ... all the good people in life. What's not to like? 'Uh ... I don't know, boss.' No, you don't know, Voice. So you should keep your horrible little thoughts to yourself. Our George deserves this. It's his reward for the all great work he's done in government over the years. 'Is it?!' Yeah, all the great austerity that enriched so many lives. What's wrong with you, man?! Why are you so envious and twisted? 'I'm not!' Ha! Whatever. Let George enjoy his success.

...

Anything else? Jesus H. - ! Uh, not a lot, dear reader(s). I'll be doing another conceptual later, No. 483. 'Ha!' I will cut down to one a week soon, but ... 'You're addicted, Mikey.' Oh, I admit it, Voice. I know I'm addicted. 'Why don’t you go to Conceptual Spinners Anonymous?' Er ... is there such a group? 'No. I just made it up.' Well, that's not very helpful, is it? Idiot!

Music? My music? Christ! I'm still rehearsing the last two songs I need for my new demo. It may seem like it's taking forever, but it only seems that way. These are two big songs (roughly 4.35 and 4.50) that are beyond the wildest dreams I had only a couple of years ago. I've got to get the recordings right, man.

Other people's music? I'm listening to the best of Talking Heads. I'm not a massive fan or anything, but I like the song Once in a Lifetime. It makes me think of the film Down and Out in Beverly Hills. 'Yeah, because it was used in the film, Mikey.' Yes, I know that. Thank you, idiot!

Laters.