Wednesday 13 December 2017

I don't believe a word of this

No, no, no. No! I don't believe a word of this. Sorry, Robert Half. 'Who? What? Boss, what's going on?' It's research they did, Voice. Robert Half. Look -

London, UK - UK financial services companies are increasingly bringing their offshored operations back to home nations as companies are being affected by rising costs and lacklustre service in offshore regions, according to specialized recruiter Robert Half Financial Services. Despite the UK's imminent departure from the EU, London remains the world's No 1 financial centre and this increased level of onshoring could lead to more jobs being created in the financial services sector.

Ha! Ha! 'Ha! Christ! Who wrote this email, boss? David Davis?' I don't know, Voice, but everyone knows we're losing jobs, not gaining them. And things will only get worse.

The research has found more than half (59%) of the UK’s financial services executives have increased their level of onshoring - transferring offshored business operations back to the UK - in the past two years, compared to just 4% who have decreased their onshoring activities.

When asked why they have increased their level of onshoring, 64% of financial services executives refer to service quality complaints and 54% refer to the increase in costs - indicating a cost and quality factor in determining operations being brought back to the UK. The skills shortage (53%) and a lack of efficiency in the offshored regions (37%) are further cited as key reasons for transferring offshored business operations back to the UK.

Yeah, yeah. 'Yeah.' It won't last. Whatever's going on here - if it's even happening, of course - won't last. You can take my word for that, dear reader(s). / Matt Weston?

"In the face of change, financial services companies in London are increasingly under pressure to remain competitive by maximizing performance and decreasing costs," commented Matt Weston, Director at Robert Half UK. "In order to achieve this and offer a premium service, many firms are bringing key business operations back to the UK and creating 'centres of excellence' by creating jobs and career development opportunities for local talent."

Okay, okay. Who is this Matt Weston, exactly? 'He must be one of those deranged Brexiters, boss.' Oh, I wouldn't be surprised.

And that's enough, dear reader(s)! You know my feelings and thoughts on the matter now. I'll say no more about it.

...

Anything else? Not a lot, no. I'm still in my Christmas mood, and that will probably last until the end of the month.

Music? What am I listening to? The best album of the century so far ... Back to Black by Amy Winehouse. / I wonder if Mark Ronson would like to produce my album ... I'd like that retro but modern sound. 'Eh, Mikey?' I mean, Back to Black sounds like a Sixties album that was recorded in 2006. That's what I mean, man.

Anyway, laters, yeah?