Monday 23 April 2018

Aviva Investors has hired a couple of people ...

Yeah, er ... to its real estate unit, whatever that is. 'It's the real estate unit, boss.' What? 'It's the real estate unit, man. Property, buildings, you know?' Yes, yes, okay. Thank you, Voice.

Okay. The people in question. Daniel McHugh. And Melanie Collett. 'Where are they from, which firms?' Christ knows! But our Danny is the head of UK real estate now, and our Mel is the head of real estate asset management. And what the difference is ... is anyone's guess, you dig? Obviously, I, er ... I wish them both the best of luck, like, in their new roles. I'm just wondering ... 'What are you wondering, boss?' Well, we're getting awfully close to the summer season, aren't we? You could argue that it's already started. 'The weather people aren't sure yet.' Oh. About what, Voice? 'About the weather.' Oh. 'Sure, it's sunny now, but some people are saying we'll be back to winter temperatures in a week.' Christ! I hope not. I mean, I like a joke as much as the next person, but ... you know what I mean? 'Yeah.' Well, I suppose the Aviva Investors mob will just have to stay in the pub a bit longer. I don't know if Danny and Mel signed up for that ...

Ha! Obviously, it's not my problem. However, I am concerned about all the boys and girls at Aviva Investors. 'You want to see them hold on to their culture, don't you, boss?' Of course I do! I've said it before, son, and I'll say it again: Aviva Investors is a refuge from the modern world. 'And Schroders can like it or lump it.' Ha! Yes.

...

Right. Anything else? Music? My music? I wrote a song on Friday. That's right. In just one day, instead of the normal messing around for weeks and months. It's not the greatest song ever, but it's good enough to use and not scrap. So that gives me thirteen songs. / I actually forced myself to write it in one day - as a sort of test, you dig? Professionals sometimes need to be able to come up with songs on demand like that. Oh, I'm rockin' in the free world!!!

Right. Anything (more) else? Self-help? Man, I got all the help I need now. Don't worry about me, dear reader(s). I'm second time a-ROUND on The 10X Rule audiobook, and I can say it's the best motivational material I've found to date. And I've really been looking, as you know. / YOU(!) - !!! If you listen to it and then don't 10X your life, you've got a serious problem. Get your shit together!

Later(s), crocodile(s)!