Wednesday 4 April 2018

Venture capitalists!

In the Asia-Pacific region!

They're looking to capitalize!

Online retailing, apparently. 'Oh, who says, boss? Who says?!' Ha! Little Voice, don't take that attitude. These guys say -

Venture capitalists (VCs) are looking to capitalize on the growing demand for online retailing, especially in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, which can be attributed to the increasing use of smartphones coupled with growing internet penetration, according to leading data and analytics company GlobalData.  

GlobalData, you see? 'Yeah. Is this a PR email?' Well, what do you think, man? Of course it is! There's no harm in it.

The company's latest report, 'Smart Money Investing in the Retail Industry in Q4 2017', says that despite a 4% drop in the share of VC funding deals from 49% in Q3 2017, APAC region still accounted for $420.9m of the total investments ($937.3m) across the globe during the reporting period. 

Oh, all right. I just wonder what Vijay Varma has got - 'Ha! Wonder no more, boss! Look! It's Vijay! -'

Vijay Varma, Retail Market Analyst at GlobalData says: "Venture capitalists are leveraging the growing demand for online retailing, especially in the APAC region. The funding is being utilized by online retailers to broaden their reach and introduce new product categories along with expanding their reach into other countries." For instance, Pomelo Fashion Co., Ltd., an online apparel retailer based in Thailand, secured USD19 million in Series B round of funding led by JD.com, Inc. to expand its reach and product portfolio.

Hang on! Who was talking there? 'Our Vijay, man.' No, look! The speech marks end after the word countries, and then it goes on to say For instance, Pomelo Fashion ... etc. 'Er ... well, this is damn strange, boss.' Have we ever seen this before? 'No, I don't think we have.' For Christ's sake! Someone was speaking after our Vijay, and we have absolutely no idea who it was. 'End the email, boss. End it now.' Okay, Voice, I will.

I'm sorry, dear reader(s), but this, uh ... has just really freaked me out, you dig? I like to be in control. I know who I am, and I know who the Voice is, and I even know that Vijay Varma is an analyst at GlobalData. 'Yeah. We're talking security.' The thing is, I've had all kinds of voices going through my consciousness ness over the years, but ... 'This is in an email.' Yes! It's an outside voice, Voice, a stranger's voice. 'And from a strange land, probably.' Ha! Well, I've had strange lands in my head before. Nothing wrong with that. However, I can't allow this in a bloody PR email! No way!!!

Jesus! I'm just really upset now. Sorry, reader(s). You're probably wondering what the difference is, yeah? A voice is a voice. 'Ha!' Well, not really. I will not stand for ... witchcraft! Because that's what it is, you know.

Oh, I'll see you tomorrow. Laters.