Monday 4 June 2018

LaSalle Investment Management

Well, well ... yes! This is interesting, dear reader(s). 'What's interesting, boss?' Well, Voice, LaSalle Investment Management is "acquiring" some of Aviva Investors' business. 'Oh, what bit?' It's the bit that Schroders doesn't run. 'But I thought Schroders did everything at Aviva Investors, behind the scenes, like.' So did I. However, there's this, uh, real estate multi-manager business to take care of, and something called the Encore+ fund. 'Oh.' I suppose Aviva Investors forgot that it was still responsible for those things. 'Yeah.' But LaSalle is taking over. 'Great! Now the Aviva Investors boys and girls can truly concentrate on the park, boss.' Well, that's the good thing, Voice. Because the weather is picking up. Hopefully, they'll have the whole of June, July, and August in the park. 'Ha! Those hazy, lazy, hazy, uh ... crazy days of summer, boss!' Yeah. Whatever.

Of course, not all of us can goof off eating ice cream on a sunny day. 'Or drinking Stella!' Some of us still have to work for a living, so I'll be doing another full day today, and then another two or three posts later in the week.

Oh, about LaSalle -

LaSalle operates in 17 countries and 24 offices worldwide. As an independent subsidiary of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (NYSE: JLL), one of the world's largest real estate companies, we have a presence in every region of the world in which we invest.

At LaSalle, clients always come first. We understand our clients' requirements, and design investment strategies and devise asset allocations to meet their objectives. We take our fiduciary responsibility seriously and are driven to deliver competitive performance while building long-term relationships.


Okay, okay. A pretty serious business.

...

Anything else? I don't know. I suppose I could ramble on for a while. I've got an egg sandwich for lunch. I eat breakfast now, too. Just three crumpets - the breakfast of champions!

Oh, er ... about those motivational audiobooks. I'm thinking I should listen to the Musk one on a loop, and then listen to the 10X one occasionally, in one go, like. It's seven and a half hours long, while the Musk one is thirteen. I don't want them getting mixed up in my head, man. / The Musk biography (Ashlee Vance) isn't a normal biography. There's something on every page that you can use to change your life. For example, last night I was listening to how Musk said that they would only get one shot at a new car they were making at Tesla, so it shouldn't be based on the Lotus they were using as a model because it wasn't good enough. Something like that. But just one shot! That's why I've got to take the time to make great recordings of my best songs. However long it takes, you dig? They're only going to be simple acoustic recordings, but my performance skills have got to be first class.

Anyway, laters!