Tuesday 26 September 2023

THE TRICK

Let's skip the PR email.

Let's go straight to Anything Else - !!!

'What PR email, boss?'

Any PR email, Voice. We'll do it tomorrow, or tomorrow, BUT(!) ... not tomorrow. Thursday at the latest.

'But which PR email, boss?'

FFS. Any PR email in the folder, Voice. Maybe I'll let you choose.

'Yippee!'

Actually, I think we might have a PDF that Lucky has been working on.

'Yippee! I want that one!'

Okay, okay.

Anyway ...

Anything else?

Yeah, I like it in that Hamlet film where Hamlet is coming out with his "I have of late ..." speech; and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are looking at each other, as if to say: What's this guy going on about?

Ha!

And one of them was Barry from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, of course. Which is funny because there's a scene in the second series (from the Eighties, obviously) where Barry is talking about Shakespeare, and Wayne and Moxey are looking at him, as if to say: What's this guy going on about?

Anyway ...

'That will be you, Mikey, reciting your poems.'

What do you mean, Voice?

'People will be looking at you like that.'

So?

I don't care.

Idiot.

'I'm not an idiot! I know what you're going on about.'

Well, good for you.

Anyway ...

Anything else?

Poetry?

I've still got nine poems. I haven't written anything new for three weeks. But maybe by the end of this week I'll have something.

I've just been looking through my poems, man, and thinking about my next move(s).

I want at least thirty poems by next March. If I don't win anything in the National Poetry Competition, at least I'll have loads of poems ready. I'm staying positive.

If my situation was sorted out, I could send that BIG ONE to Poetry Review now. But I just can't at the moment.

Actually, the other day, I found some old copies of Poetry Review in the back room - from thirty years ago!

They're a bit damp. That bloody rain!

Poetry Review doesn't really publish BIG poems much anyway. I mean, they need the space for as many poets as possible, I suppose.

But I'll be sending small poems as well. 

Eventually, like. Just not yet. I don't even know if I'm going to be out on the beaches and cliffs yet. I don't know anything about the future, you know?

Uh.

Do you know what I mean?

I'll just be writing about finance soon. Believe it.

'I believe you!'

Shut up.

Anyway ...

My BIG POEM helps. I've never had anything like that before. / I can't imagine I'll write a poem on the scale of The Waste Land. However, a dozen like the BIG ONE I've already got will do the trick, you dig?

'What trick, Mikey?'

You know what trick, Voice.

I don't have to spell it out, do I?

THE TRICK.

T-H-E-T-R-I-C-K.

Anyway ...

This is a finance blog.

Laters.