Monday 1 February 2010

Neptune Investment Management: what the f**k?!

The core of Neptune's approach is identifying the best companies in the best industries. At Neptune they invest in sectors they're confident are poised to outperform. They believe the success of their high conviction approach is a result of the painstaking research conducted on the astral plane at macro, sector and stock level.

In other words, they ask the questions that allow them to know what's what.

O Master, this is amazing! But what is what?

O my child, I am glad you asked me that. What is what? When I am off floating in my head of sandy dreams it rarely matters what is what. I can look at someone, a journalist maybe, and say 'What is that?', and I have no idea. I can look at the sun oozing all over the sky staining my eyes red and still not know or care what is what. So what's what?

More to the point, how does Neptune ask the questions to know what's what?

Questions, questions, questions! O my child, I have no idea how they know or what they know or why or when they know. They obviously think it is important. And perhaps it is. After all, that is how they do business. That's how they make money. And there is nothing wrong with making money - as we all know. But I feel they could be missing something. Instead of concentrating on what's what maybe they should turn their thoughts to that's that.

O Master, what's that's that?

That is that. Over there! Can you see it?

What?

That!


This should not be seen as an invitation to buy or sell. The value of an investment and the income from it can fall as well as rise as a result of market movement and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Private investors, if necessary, should contact their independent investment adviser or authorised intermediary before investing.