Wednesday, 27 July 2011

George Soros is closing his Quantum fund to outsiders

No, not men like Nijinsky, Van Gogh, and Dostoyevsky, [and me!]. I doubt very much that Mr Soros has been reading the works of Colin Wilson. No, George is closing Quantum to investors outside his family, and the SEC is to blame. Do you know why? Let me tell you. It's because those crazy SEC bastards want hedge funds to register with them. Have you ever heard of anything so outrageous? I haven't.

Well, that's enough for one day.

_________________________


Whatever possessed me to create a work of avant-garde literature for the benefit of bankers and hedge fund managers and finance writers? It's a good question, and one that deserves an answer. But I don't have an answer. It's just something that happened. I suspect the majority of my regular readers don't even work in finance. Of course, I realize that not everyone in finance is a mindless vulgarian/philistine, but still ...

Do you know why I keep going? Two main reasons. The first reason is that I write for myself now. It's the only way to do business, THE BUSINESS. If fuckwits/clowns don't want to read or link, it's their loss, not mine. Sure, it means I don't get a great deal of traffic, but at least I'm being true to myself. I don't suck up to anyone. Most financial writing is BORING CRAP, let's be honest. I doubt that even financial workers are interested in a lot of it. There's Gillian Tett. I think she's brilliant. But that's only because I'm in love with her. I could read her shopping lists, all day long, I really don't give a shit.

I don't know. It's a comedy. Oh, the second reason. Yes, the second reason is that I am absolutely convinced that I will be able to write some classic pop songs that artists will want to record. ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED. I should have never abandoned music. The death of Amy Winehouse has just made me more determined to get back into it. The money from those songs will give me the ability to punch above my weight in the financial blogosphere. You see, I'm not going away. I AM HERE TO STAY. It's going to be a nightmare for some people once I have the power to fuck with them.

Oh, I know I'm vindictive. I'm so angry! I know I have a dark side. I'm often out of control. But what can I do? I can't go and have a lobotomy, can I?! This is who I am. It's a tragedy, but what can I do? Please try to understand.


Update (2.30pm): I've just been reading through this post. Crazy, ain't it? Never mind. I won't delete it. It's actually quite interesting. Do I reveal my true character in such writing, or am I taken over by a demon?