Thursday 21 November 2013

Eton Park Capital Management has lost two more partners

Oh dear. / It keeps losing partners. Eton Park has lost four over the last three years. Now it's lost two more, Isaac Corre and Josh Astrof. 'So that's six, altogether.' Yeah. / Should we be worried about the future of Eton Park? Well, I'm not worried. To be honest with you, dear reader(s), I only found out about the existence of this hedge fund this morning. (Christ! How many hedge funds are there?) Some people like to say that Eton Park is a global, multi-disciplinary, team-oriented investment organization with the goal of providing investors with superior, risk-adjusted returns over the long-term. I don't know about that. And I'm not sure I care. (Do you, dear reader[[s!]]?) But if good men have disappeared, if they're lost, that's something we should care about, all of us. Eton Park is just a firm, that's all. It will survive - probably. Isaac and Josh, though, are men, flesh and blood, wandering the cold earth now, scared ...

I know what I'm going to do. 'No. 172, Mikey?' Yes, Voice, I'm going to write a conceptual about them. 'It will be a great comfort to them, wherever they are.' Oh, I hope so.