Sunday 2 April 2017

Sunday evening thoughts ...

Yeah, just some Sunday evening thoughts, man. And no finance, thank God! / I don't usually write on a Sunday, but I want to finish blogging by Wednesday this week. And then I'm taking a week off.

Well, well ... / So, Brexit is going well, isn't it? How many days has it been? Four or five? Spain wants Gibraltar, and the EU is backing Spain. I'll be surprised if a trade deal is possible now. The EU has all the power, and maybe they don't need ... uh, whatever it is we produce these days. So, no deal. Who would have guessed, eh? Er ... me! And, er ... the other 48 per cent of the population. But never mind. I'm sure the IMF will bail us out. And I'm sure some friendly countries will send food parcels.

Oh, oh ... this is very funny.

Jesus H. Christ! / Of course, certain people might say that I should stop moaning. Well, here's the news: I ain't going to. Nigel Farage never ever stopped, did he? So why should the Remainers? And the funny thing is, I don't even love the EU or anything. I just hate starving and walking around dressed in rags, you dig?

And, and ... don't talk to me about the will of the people. Ha! I'm not buying that one. You can talk about the will of Rupert Murdoch, if you like. Or the will of Paul Dacre. But leave the people out of it!

...

Well, okay ... let's change the subject. I don't want to get all depressed on a lovely Sunday evening. How about music?

I'll put something on. Hang on.

Aladdin Sane by David Bowie. I haven't listened to this album for a while.

My music? Recording those two songs? Ha! I can't be bothered at the moment. 'Jesus H. Christ, Mikey!' Oh, hello, Voice. Let me have my week off first. I want to get my head together, man.

Anything else? Well, there's melancholic sunlight coming through the window, I can tell you that. 'You're melancholic, boss, not the sunlight.' Shut up! That's what I meant!

I'm not sure I'm in the mood for this piano ...

Let's put something else on ...

Oh, I forgot ... the EU is saying Scotland would be welcome, so ... and then there's Ireland. No, it's not looking very good at all.

Oh, yeah ... Roxy Music. 'The song?' What? 'The song, Oh Yeah - ?' Er, no. The Stranded album. 'Oh.' Yeah.

Anyway ... I'm not even sure about Malibu now, with that Trump in charge over there.

Maybe I'll end up in Spain ... in Jim Maclaine's castle!