Thursday 27 April 2017

Otkritie's Global Prime FX volumes up 96 per cent!

Over the last twelve months! Nice one!

Paris, 26 April 2017 - Otkritie Capital International, the brokerage and investment banking company, today announces at TradeTech Europe that its FX Prime business within the Otkritie Global Prime franchise is picking up pace since its full scale rollout 12 months ago. The FX Prime turnover volumes went up by 96% compared to April 2016 figures across various venues and currencies.

Oh, TradeTech again. Christ! 'Are you going, boss?' It finished yesterday, idiot! 'Oh.' I didn't want to go. 'Because they didn't ask you to be a keynote speaker.' Shut up!

The volumes consist of all activity across more than 10 FX venues, including Electronic Communication Networks (ECNs) and Liquidity Providers (LPs) which have been added to the list available for our clients, which covers majority of FX liquidity globally in G10 and major emerging currencies (taking leading positions in USD/RUB non-disclosed institutional spot market flow).

Okay. I'm sure it means something to somebody. Uh, my head ...

The existing and short-term scheduled product set includes cash FX (both non-disclosed and disclosed) and Non-Deliverable Forwards (NDFs). Mid-term plans also include FX synthetic instruments like CFDs and access to non-disclosed FX SWAPS trading where applicable.

Okay. Okay. My stomach is unsettled.

Oktkritie's consumers are top global and regional institutional market players, utilizing algo-, algo HFT- and non-HFT strategies: hedge, arbitrage and position-taking trading. Existing FX listed derivatives access completes the FX Prime business enabling Oktkritie's clients to execute various strategies with netting solutions available on its platform.

Okay. I'd like to go out today, but I might have to lie down after lunch. Just for a nap, you dig?

FX Prime is part of the Otkritie Global Prime business line, which combines execution, financing and clearing offering across major asset classes: equity, fixed income and derivatives. The Global Prime platform is designated for classic buy-side customers like hedge funds, asset managers and wealth managers as well as for the sell-side segment: banks, private banks and broker-dealers.

Yeah, okay. It's great and everything, but ...

...

So ... / I'm not really in the mood, dear reader(s). Fortunately, this is the last post of the week. I've got a migraine. 'How are your ribs, boss?' My ribs are fine, Voice. I've got a migraine.

Music? I'm listening to The Blueprint by Jay-Z. It was released on 9/11. Talk about bad luck. It didn't hold the album back though. Bob Dylan's Love and Theft was also released on that day.

Quite a few of the tracks were produced by Kanye West, before he was a star. 'Kanye and Bob worked together?! Well, that is a surprise!' I'm talking about The Blueprint, you cretin! 'Oh.' Yeah, oh!

Yeah, I think Kanye struggled quite a bit, before he was a star, like. I mean, that's what his song Spaceship suggests. 'Put it on, Mikey!' All right, Voice.

I'm still building my spaceship ...