Thursday 9 April 2020

I'm listening to ...

The Stone Roses - !!! Their best songs. In no particular order, like ...

Elephant Stone
Mersey Paradise
Standing Here
Where Angels Play
Fools Gold
What The World Is Waiting For
Something's Burning
Going Down
Bye Bye Badman
I Wanna Be Adored
She Bangs The Drums
Waterfall
(Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister
Made Of Stone
Shoot You Down
This Is The One
I Am The Resurrection

Yeah, in the early days they made every song count ... almost.

Songs that didn't make the grade ...

One Love
Sally Cinnamon
Don't Stop
Full Fathom Five
Elizabeth My Dear

According to me, obviously.

And let's forget about the second album. Please!

...

My rough recording of And Rain Came Down has given me more confidence for recording my demo soon. It's not all that rough, actually. (I put the Zoom Handy in the wrong position, so the vocal isn't loud enough.) It's only my first take of the song, BUT(!) ... it's far superior to that old recording of You're Lying, which, uh ... was the thousandth take or something. Ha!

Maybe I'll be ready to launch my demo once the lockdown has been lifted. Yeah, yeah. I know there will be other lockdowns, man, but I can't wait for eighteen months. If The Thing doesn't get me, the New Depression will. Do you know what I mean?

So ... I'll have seventeen songs. I might try to get to twenty, while there's nothing else to do.

Twenty songs. Eleven or twelve for an album. A choice of classics! And enough songs for gigs without having to rely on cover versions.

Although I wouldn't mind doing Louie, Louie and Susie Q.

I might play my Epiphone Les Paul this afternoon. It's been gathering dust. I've neglected lead guitar recently.

...

Anything else? There's no ... financial news, kook(s), if that's what you're wondering. Christ. 'I'm sure there is, boss.' Really? You write it then, Voice. Me? I'm keeping well out of it.

Life is too short. You dig?

Thirteen years. Sha/man and boy. Enough is enough!

...

Okay, okay. Will I have a week off soon? Er ... I can't go to Cornwall, can I? With a lockdown, I can't even go to Richmond. 'Stay in and record your songs.' Yeah. Uh. I don't know. Let's wait and see. Maybe The Thing will disappear, oh, never to bother us again.

Let us live in hope.

Let us not despair.

Stay hard!


Update, 12/04/2020: I'm taking next week off, kook(s). Yes, I need a rest.

Oh, my music? Well, this is how my album is looking -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Lucky You
Round the Bend
What's This Life We Live?
And Rain Came Down
I Want Everything
Love Me
Stella
Malibu
I'm Right Inside
Nothing
Good Times


Twelve songs. Roughly fifty-one minutes. The Citizen Kane of albums. Ha!

Yeah, yeah. And Rain Came Down is too good to leave off the album. And I've scrapped Sell Yourself. / Oh, the songs from the 2016 demo ... ? -

You're Lying
It's Just a Joke, Man
She Loves Me


I suppose I won't scrap them. I don't know. / I want another five world-beaters. [I have one in the works.] I need to put myself beyond competition, you dig? Listen! I don't like people who think they can compete with me. It's the arrogance of halfwits, and I won't stand for it.

Stay hard!

Later(s), blog and pop fan(s)!