Wednesday 29 April 2020

Refinitiv: Lipper European fund flows report - March 2020

Oh, yes. From the Lipper team at Refinitiv. Let the good times flow! ... ? Well, not really. Never mind.

Long-term mutual funds posted net outflows for March 2020.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in March amounted to estimated net outflows of €253.8 bn.
Commodities funds (+€2.2 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for March.
Equity Global (+€6.7 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds for March.
Wild World.
Switzerland (+€3.2 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Belgium (+€1.4 bn) and the Netherlands (+€0.5 bn).
Goldman Sachs was the best-selling fund promoter for March overall, with net sales of €19.3 bn, ahead of BNY Mellon (+€4.8 bn) and Vanguard Group (+€3.2 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share class level amounted to net inflows of €12.0 bn for March.
Amundi CA 09/04/2020 (C) (+€4.0 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund for March.

Obviously, our Detlef wants to say a word or two. Come on, son!

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "European investors switched to a risk-off mode in March due to the global outbreak of The Thing and a possible recession caused by the lockdowns in a high number of countries around the world. As a result, investors faced an increased volatility on the global equity markets.

"Long-term mutual funds posted overall net outflows for the month. Commodity funds (+€2.2 bn) were the only asset type with net inflows for March. Conversely, bond funds (-€134.9 bn) faced the highest outflows overall, bettered by equity funds (-€48.9 bn), mixed-assets funds (-€38.7 bn), alternative UCITS funds (-€27.7 bn), real estate funds (-€1.5 bn), and 'other' funds (-€1.4 bn)."

All right. Thanks.

ENDS

...

Anything else? I went for a walk in the park earlier. I still love the place, even if the vulgarians are trying to ruin it with their commercial plans. 'Satanic plans, more like, boss.' Yes, Voice.

At least there won't be any music festivals in the park this year. Or those absurd outdoor screenings of movies. Christ.

Oh, as I walked past the closed children's playground, I remembered one summer's day in, uh ... 1975, probably ... when I went there with my nan. Then we went to the cafe for tea and fruitcake. / Oh, I went to the park a lot then. But some days just stick in your mind. Do you know what I mean?

Listen! If I'm not going to Cornwall this year, I might get a new guitar. I fancy the Yamaha A3R electro-acoustic. £830. [Maybe cheaper.] I can't really afford it, BUT(!) ... I know that our Elon wouldn't hestitate to buy it - if he were in my position. 'Of course he wouldn't! Think of all that PayPal money that he put straight into electric cars and rockets.' Yeah, he's a nutter, Voice.

I'll tell you, kook(s): it's dangerous listening to that Vance/Musk audiobook unless you're really willing to think and live big.

I mean, on a loop, you dig? It changes your soul, man.

Anyway ...

Laters!