Monday 22 January 2024

After a night of mad dreams ...

I don't feel like writing, but I have to.

I feel exhausted from the dreams, actually. I wish I could go back to bed.

'You are in bed, boss.'

Oh yes. Full disclosure, kooks. I am in bed. It's still a bit cold in this house, so ... it's better to write this blog in bed.

'Ha! Life of Riley.'

What?! Shut up, Voice. Idiot.

Anyway ...

Dreams, dreams, dreams.

I don't want to discuss them. They were nice dreams, but ... they were confusing dreams.

The cosmos moves in mysterious ways sometimes.

'Most of the time.'

Yeah.

Anyway ...

What are we talking about?

'Anything you like. It's your blog.'

We could talk about poetry ...

'Yippee!'

I was reading some obscure poet yesterday from four hundred years ago. A guy I've never heard of before, and I thought to myself: "I might be the only person in the world reading one of his poems at this moment in time ..."

So, a pro tip, my friends: Become a poet that everyone has heard of ... even four hundred years from now.

'Easier said than done, boss.'

Well, it's all about the work, Voice. I imagine this guy had family and friends. He might have had a job of some kind. He might have enjoyed sitting in the pub ... drinking beer, and ...

'Eating crisps!'

Er ... maybe.

He probably wasn't thinking of an eternity of dust.

'But you were reading him ... yesterday.'

Yes, I was. I brought him back to life ... for a brief moment.

'This is getting depressing. Let's discuss music.'

My dreams, you mean?

'Yeah.'

No.

'Oh, go on.'

No!

Well, a couple of rock concerts in me head, that's all. Original songs. Weird sounds. Even a bloody guitar solo!

And then I was in a book shop ... in the poetry section. Some women were floating around me. They seemed pleased that I was into poetry, but ... upset that I was more into poetry than I was into them.

'Ha!'

That's the way it goes, man.

Work, work, work ... even in dreams!

But I don't want to talk about me dreams.

'Your dreams.'

Yes, my dreams.

'Are you going to have your dinner in bed tonight, boss?'

Me dinner?! In bed?! Certainly not!

'Just asking.'

Ha!

Anyway ...

Is this post finished yet?

'Only you can decide that.'

Okay ...

Are you ready, Voice?

'I'm ready!'

Right ...

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS