Tuesday 6 November 2007

PetroChina: the trillion dollar company

The Chinese oil and gas monster company (as in big, not real monsters - maybe I should have said 'giant') PetroChina has become the first company in history to be worth one trillion dollars. That's more than four Googles, I think.

But there could be a big bubble here. Warren Buffet recently sold his 11 per cent stake in the company. Why would he do that? Keith Busby says, 'It's a big mystic bubble, beautiful colours, floating in the sky. If you look hard enough you will be able to see the face of God in the bubble.'

I'm getting a bit sick of this. Keith is always getting his bubbles mixed up. IT'S NOT A MYSTIC BUBBLE! I wish it were. There is nothing I would want more, but sometimes you have to face reality. I'm sorry, Keith, you're not well. Get some help.