Wednesday 15 September 2010

Credit Suisse Asset Management is buying a little bit of York Capital Management for $425 million

Just a little bit. For $425 million. A minority stake. Jamie Dinan, chief executive of the hedge fund, will remain in charge. Credit Suisse won't interfere. There will be more money to come later, as long as everyone at York Capital Management does the right thing. Credit Suisse is still trying to get to grips with the desert. It doesn't want to be embarrassed. Jamie can go too far sometimes, when he's out of it. He's a good man though. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

 
_________________________


I'm finding it hard to concentrate on this story, to tell you the truth. It's not that I'm bored exactly [I'll probably write three posts today; oh, I love these square brackets, they're totally hip], it's just that I want to play my guitar. I will have to wait until tonight, I suppose. Once my fingers have got used to it again, I'm going to write some new songs. I wrote my last song in 1993. Such a long time ago! Songwriting. There's no harm in it. It won't interfere with my blogging or my financial shamanism. I might even make some money this time. I could have had a publishing deal when I was twenty, but I refused to let other people sing my songs. I was young and foolish. My singing voice has always been terrible. It was a missed opportunity. But I'm not going to get all depressed now. 'He not busy being born is busy dying.' You've got to look to the future! Not just me, dear reader, but you as well. We shouldn't dwell in the past. That won't do us any good. We all have regrets, don't we? I know you do, dear reader. I don't care how rich or successful you are, I know you have regrets about a few things in your life. 

Songwriting. Yes, that has got to be the way forward. No arty-farty stuff neither. Proper commercial songs this time. I was listening to Sugar, Sugar on the radio the other day. It's a classic pop tune. That's the sort of thing I need.