Wednesday 1 February 2012

If I were Dracula for a day ...

Oh, don't worry, I'm not actually going to write on this subject. I just wanted a crazy title. But what would I do? Well, during the day I'd get a bit of kip in my coffin. Then in the night I'd go out looking for women to bite. So, nothing out of the ordinary, really. Basically, I can't think of anything to write about.

I'm listening to Japan's Exorcising Ghosts. It's decent stuff, but my main complaint against David Sylvian has always been that he doesn't have a sense of humour. The album should have been called Exercising Ghosts. You know, ghosts doing sit-ups, star jumps, and the like. A missed opportunity, I think. Such a shame! Never mind. I will say that Sylvian is a neglected songwriter. Night Porter is off the fucking hook, to use a vulgar expression. Yes, so vulgar. But my words won't bother Sylvian. Remember, this is Dave Batt from Catford we're talking about. He's not as arty-farty as he makes out.

OutKast now. Even better! This is more like it. (Sorry, Dave, mate. I can only take so much musical misery when I'm down already.) There's a Dracula song, too!