Wednesday 15 February 2012

This is nothing

Get used to it. Live with nothing. I'll rub your nose in it. I was looking for another (oh, another!) new hedge fund to write about, then I heard a voice: 'Mikey, be brave. Write about nothing!' So this is it. This is nothing, and not for the first time. But you have to be brave each time. It doesn't get any easier.

I'll let you in to a little secret, and not for the first time: everything is nothing. Everything! Nothing! And you don't have to be all that brave either. I was just trying to make it seem daring. But there's nothing daring about it. So, everything is nothing. If only they knew, all the others who imagine they're writing about something. Ha! What a comedy! You have to feel sorry for them, don't you?

Not too sorry though because they're fucking idiots, let's be frank. I'm not going to sugar-coat anything for these winners. Notice I didn't call them losers. You have to believe to win, and they believe. They think it's all worthwhile. Dear oh dear. If only they knew: there's nothing to win. We're all playing a losing game. So, they are losers, after all. I hope you're taking notes, dear reader(s). There's going to be a test later. Much later - when you're dead.