Tuesday 13 August 2013

Jerome Kohlberg won't be buying a Steinway piano after all

It's a real shame, but Jerome Kohlberg has changed his mind. He was going to be the keyboard player in my band. I said to him: "Jerome, mate, you don't need a fucking Steinway. Just get a little electric Yamaha." But he said, no, we've got to do it properly. I think he had visions of himself as Elton John or Liberace. Ha! Now he's not getting a keyboard at all. 'Creative differences, Mikey.' Exactly, Voice. We couldn't make it work. I'm not going to get upset though. I'll find someone else.

_________________________


And in other news ... There ain't no other news, man. Don't listen to what the squares tell you. (If they don't write shit, they lose their jobs.) There isn't an unlimited supply of news.

I'll be having vegetable samosas for lunch. It'll make a nice change from sandwiches.

I still haven't finished the last lyric for my demo. I think I have an irrational fear of writing it. The music for You're Lying is the best I've ever done. I guess I don't want to ruin it with a dodgy lyric. BUT I HAVE A PLAN FOR FRIDAY. I'll go to the pub down by the river at lunchtime, then later, 5.30pm to 10.30pm, I'll draw the curtains at home and pick up my guitar and a notebook and I'll WRITE THE LYRIC!!! Any words will do, for starters. Just something rough will do. Hopefully, afterwards I'll be able to celebrate some sort of success by watching Telstar: The Joe Meek Story on TV.

How long should you take vitamin B6 for? I don't want everything to go numb.

The more pain I give myself with these music updates of NOTHING HAPPENING, the better the final result will be. That's my theory, anyway. Well, Tony Robbins said something about it. I can't remember what.

Supermarket samosas aren't as good as the normal Indian ones. Indians know what they're doing with their own food, man.

Maybe I should have got a sandwich.