Tuesday 22 April 2014

Crispin Odey is down to hand-to-hand fighting!

Yeah, big time. His hedge fund, Odey Asset Management, lost 7.3 per cent last month. / Now, I know he looks a bit silly. You would forgive such a man if he flew away in his beautiful balloon. But no! Crispin is actually a really tough guy. He's been telling everyone he's down to hand-to-hand fighting. He's in the trenches!

It's the world economy, you see. It's Russia and Crimea. It's many things ... / It's a feeling you get sometimes. I get the feeling. Then darkness comes on. But you've got to fight! / Personally, I feel bad about my music, you know? I still haven't been able to make decent recordings of You're Lying and My Heart. I'm not giving up though. This is a matter of honour. Crispin knows what I'm talking about. It would be so easy for me to become a rock and roll suicide. It would be so easy for Crispin to fly away in his beautiful balloon. (The world's a nicer place in his beautiful balloon. Love is waiting there ...) However, we're fighters! We will never give in! Never, never, never, never ... er, never ... never!

I'm feeling better already! / Oh, a hard night, you dig? I lost a bit of tooth last night. How many teeth did Rambo lose? 'Rimbaud, boss? He lost a leg. I don't know about teeth.' Rambo, you moron! The great warrior, not the poet. 'I don't know, man. That Rocky probably lost a few teeth. You know, the boxer.' Yeah. / A hard night! Dried blood smokes on my face, and nothing lies behind me but that repulsive little tree! The battle for the soul is as brutal as the battles of men, but the sight of justice is the pleasure of God alone. 'Eh?' Never mind ...