Monday 14 April 2014

What is Tulos Capital?

Oh, it's a bit early in the morning for guessing games, so I'll just tell you, dear reader(s), yeah? Tulos Capital is some new commodities hedge fund that has been set up by a couple of Glencore vets. (I mean, they're veterans of Glencore. I used to think such people were treating animals and shit. 'Ha!' You live and learn, eh?) They're also Goldman vets. 'Nice.' The guys are Paul Schurman and Patrik Sundberg. They want $500 million, by the way. 'If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.' What, Voice?! 'It's an old saying, Mikey.' Will you shut up, please? It's too early in the morning for your nonsense. And I've just had a week off. I want to ease back into this finance crap gently. 'Sorry, boss.' / Yeah, Paulie and Pat want $500 million from outside investors. I hope they get it. The world needs another hedge fund, after all ...

Er ... / Music? Don't talk to me about music, man. The best I can say is that my guitar playing is improving, but I think I underestimated how much practice I need to do a day. Rather than a couple of hours, I probably need to fill every spare moment with strumming and riffs. Like Hendrix, I'll have to sleep with my guitar. / My only consolation is that I have songs like no mutha has these days. It's simply a matter of time, son ...

I watched Convoy last night on TV. It was a favourite of mine when I was a kid, but I realize now that Rubber Duck is supposed to be a Christ-like figure. With a CB radio. How bizarre! / Oh, and Smokey and the Bandit was on Saturday. Another old favourite that I watched over a hundred times in my teenage years. ITV edited the film into a right mess though. Fortunately, the script is etched into my brain so I was able to come up with lines like: If they had cremated the son of a bitch, I'd be kicking Mr Bandit's ass around the moon by now. Lines too shocking for ITV's viewers, apparently ...