Thursday 31 July 2014

Daniel Loeb is opening Third Point again!

Jesus H. Christ! He returns money to investors. Then he wants the money back. 'Ha!' Then he returns money to investors. Then he wants the money back. Then he returns money to investors. Then - 'Yeah, we get the idea, Mikey. What's going on?' Oh, Danny "Boy" Loeb is nuts, man. You know Third Point, yeah? Third Point LLC is a SEC-registered investment adviser based in New York. The firm was founded in 1995 by Danny "Boy" Loeb, who serves as chief executive officer. Third Point focuses on event-driven, value-oriented investing. 'Yeah.' I just ... I know what it is, Voice, dear reader(s). It's all the meditating and yoga shit. Danny has wrecked his head with it. 'I thought you approved of all that?' Not yoga. Yoga is a waste of time.

Well, reader(s), get your money in quickly, if you're interested. By the way, this ain't an endorsement. I'm just saying, with a guy like Danny you don't know what's going to happen next. 'He'll be off to India again, boss.' Yeah, probably. / Maybe that's why he needs the money, to finance his next holiday. Hanging out with all the Indian mystics. (And Mike Love and Donovan.) 'Ridiculous!' All he's got to do is pop over to London and spend some time with me. I know more than those Indian guys. And I'll put Danny up in the spare room. It'll hardly cost him anything. 'And you can go to the pub, down by the river.' Yeah! We can have a few pints. Kronenbourg. 'Or Stella.' Or Stella. I had Stella last week. 'I know.' / It certainly beats yoga. Twisting your arms and legs around like a prat. Who needs it?

...

Lunch? Er, cheap egg sandwich. (I'm giving the luxury ones a rest.) Crisps. Yoghurt. Coke. 

Music? RIGHT NOW, I'm listening to my favourite Jesus and Mary Chain song, Her Way of Praying.

Actually, Danny, if you're reading this, I'll take your soul/consciousness for a spin after lunch in a conceptual post, No. 238. (See my Notes page for further details.) That will make you think again about yoga.