Thursday 23 April 2015

Simon Young has joined Aviva Investors!

Yippee! He was a fund manager at BlackRock, but now - 'Er, boss, isn't he the younger brother of Angus and Malcolm Young from AC/DC? I think he plays bass.' What?! No, Voice, Simon Young is a fund manager. 'Oh.' Christ. (He does have a bass guitar though.) / Dear reader(s), as I was just saying/writing, Simon has joined Aviva Investors from BlackRock and he's working on the UK Equity fund and the UK Equity Income fund. 'Really?' Uh. Well, no. Our Simon is in the park with the rest of them, enjoying the summer sunshine, and eating ice cream, but the clients don't need to know that, do they? 'Let's hope they don't read your blog, Mikey.' Ha! 'Ha!' Hardly anyone reads my blog, man. Just a small bunch of kooks. And that's the way I like it. I'm special. They're special. One day, we'll all get beyond the THREE. 'You've got to have a dream!' / Anyway, Simon's clients will probably just look at his LinkedIn profile: Resourceful, motivated equities fund manager looking to achieve superior risk adjusted returns for my clients. 'Wow! He sounds pretty enthusiastic.' Yeah, yeah. Do you believe everything you read?

...

Oh, no more. Please! I'm in a bad/depressed mood this morning. / I'll be taking Simon for a spin after lunch, for my sins, No. 310. 'Beyond the THREE?!' No, I doubt we'll manage it today, Voice.

Anything else? 'Politics!' Politics? I want to emigrate to Scotland. Is that enough politics for you? 'Yes. I love them apples, boss.' Good!

Yeah, I'm in a bad mood. I haven't even got any music on. / I think I'm reaching the point - society has pushed me far enough now - where I will start to do anything. So far, I've only been writing anything. But "doing" is another matter. A completely different ball game!

Lunch? I'm going to try to cheer myself up with a luxury egg sandwich. I'm not too hopeful.