Tuesday 10 November 2015

Aviva Investors' quiet ambition - ?! - ?! - ?!

Well, well, er ... I'm, er ... almost lost for words. I just ... 'Surely she means the whole Aviva company, yeah?' No, I don't think so, Voice. Just Aviva Investors. Quiet ambition. I mean ... 'It's just ...' Well, er ... have we fucking missed something?! 'It's insane! But give them the link, boss. Let your readers decide for themselves.' Oh, right, of course. It's over at Fundweb, dear reader(s). 'Fund Strategy.' Whatever. / Yeah, this Miranda bird reckons Aviva Investors has ... quiet ambition. 'Ha! They've been keeping it really quiet in the pub lately, I don't think. They're going to get barred, I tell you.' Maybe she means ambition to drink more pints, Voice. 'That would make sense.' How many Stellas can they drink before they pass out?

She can't mean funds, our Miranda, BECAUSE(!) ... Aviva Investors doesn't manage any funds, man. To the untrained eye it might look like they do, but actually, as I've said many times before ... it's Schroders that does all the work, you understand? 'Ha! Those mugs!' Oh, I hope you understand ...

So, it's quite obvious that Miranda has fallen for their PR. I mean, they talk a good game. 'However -' Yes, however, if she were to dig a little deeper, the way journalists are supposed to, for Christ's sake(!!!), she would see that the Aviva Investors boys and girls have ... thoroughly rejected capitalism. 'Unbelievable! / And what's that catchphrase of yours, boss?' Well, it's not mine, it's theirs: Aviva Investors is a refuge from the modern world. 'Ha!' And that's something you won't hear much unless you're one of the inner circle, reader(s). 'They just whisper it to each other, don't they? As a greeting or something.' Yes, it's like the freemasons.

...

Anything else? Well, I watched Saturday Night Fever last night. A bloody good film!

I've been listening to She Loves Me and Gilly, Gilly this morning. It worries me a bit that they're just acoustic demos. I mean, publishers (and others) will have to use their imaginations. There's nothing that can be done about it though.

Now I'm listening to Gimme Shelter. Electric guitars, bass, drums, piano, harmonica, backing singers. Gilly, Gilly would be awesome with all that shit, man! Maybe one day ...

Now I'm listening to Gimme Danger. [Stooges.] / Oh, your pretty face is going to hell ...