Sunday 29 November 2015

Is it Christmas yet?

Oh, I need a week off. Three more weeks! Jesus H. Christ! Never mind. / Yes, it's a Sunday night post. [I'm going out tomorrow.] But no finance. Not on a Sunday night.

Just some thoughts, dear reader(s). Music and that. I'm listening to Amy Winehouse, Back to Black.

Well, well ... / I've been listening to the three songs of my demo this weekend. The recordings are definitely rough, but I'm definitely going with them after Christmas. I mean, promoting them to publishers. The alternative is to continue practicing my guitar and singing for another two or three years until I'm as smooth a performer as someone like Ed Sheeran. 'Ha! Some hope!' No way, reader(s), Voice! Publishers will just have to use their imaginations. They'll have to imagine it's Michael Buble singing You're Lying, and not me. / So, five or six weeks ... 'What are you going to do until then, boss?' Er ... I'll carry on with my guitar riffing - in the free world, you dig? And I might put a couple of lyrics to two pieces of music I have. It would be nice to have six great songs. Then I'd be able to get off to a flying start as a songwriter, or ... I'd have six great songs all ready for a debut album of my own. ['Ha! I'll salute you, if that happens!' Shut up, you idiot!] And, as far as I'm concerned, the last album with six great songs was What's the Story (Morning Glory)? from 1995. (Yeah, I'm playing it now.) For your information, the six songs are -

Roll with it
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back in Anger
Some Might Say
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova

...

Well, well ... / Anything else? Politics? No! Do me a favour, son, daughter. The weather? I wish the wind would stop blowing. That's all I've got to say about the weather.

Music? 'Again?! You're obsessed, boss!' I bought the Don't Look Back DVD yesterday. It's the film of Bob Dylan's 1965 tour of England. Oh, it never did him any harm, being rough. / There's one scene in a hotel room where Donovan is playing a song for a group of people - with better singing than Dylan, and better guitar skills too. But Dylan follows Donovan with a performance of It's All Over Now, Baby Blue, and ... there's no comparison, man. Dylan has the X factor. 'What?! The X Factor, with Simon Cowell?! Surely not!' Yeah, yeah ...