Sunday 10 March 2019

Sunday music post

Yes, dear reader(s), it's a Sunday music post. There's no harm in it.

I remember in the Seventies there was a pirate radio station in London that played reggae on Sundays. Not Bob Marley. Really obscure stuff. Well, obscure to me as a little kid. I think it was a pirate station. Just operating on Sundays? I don't know. It certainly wasn't the BBC, man. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, I've finished Stella. I'm very pleased with it. So that's fifteen songs. Eleven for an album. Four spare. / And these ones for the demo -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
Malibu
Stella

I'm rehearsing them together now, in that order, and it's a pretty awesome combination. To paraphrase Carlito Brigante, people will definitely have to give up their religious beliefs.

So, uh ... I finished Stella on Friday. 

...

Right. Let's play some tunes! [If you want to hear them too, kook(s), look for them on YouTube or whatever. Or just use your imagination.]

Layla. Eric Clapton. / Why does Martin Scorsese always have to ruin things? I can't listen to the second part of this song without seeing dead bodies in a pink Cadillac. If he does that to any of my songs, I'll swing for him.

What is Life. George Harrison. / I've got to look out for helicopters now!

Rebel Music. Bob Marley. / Live, from Babylon by Bus.

Wake Up Alone. Amy Winehouse. / I think this song has a perfect Sunday atmosphere.

By the way, the only television I've watched in the last week is The Departed last night. Not Scorsese's best. I switched off before the end. Oh, I might treat myself to a bit of Columbo at dinner time. However, I'm being very careful about what I allow into my subconscious these days. It's really just the Vance/Musk audiobook and the occasional bit of music like this afternoon.

Rhapsody in Blue. George Gershwin. / I'm in the mood for it. I don't know why.

You Set the Scene. Love.

Love Her Madly. The Doors.

Venus. Television.

I know (I know). John Lennon.

I keep going into Google Play because I want that Fandango film on my smartphone. But it's still unavailable. Why, for Christ's sake?!

I would also like David Essex's Stardust on my phone. I might watch it later on DVD, instead of Columbo. / I've been thinking that, in theory, it would be a good idea to end up in a Spanish castle, like Essex in the film. Actually, that very castle! However, it's a bit isolated, you dig? Maybe I should stick to Malibu.

Anyway, laters!