Tuesday 12 March 2019

What's IVIDATA - ?!?!

Oh, you wouldn't believe me if I told you, dear reader(s). 'Just tell them, boss. FFS!' Okay, okay. It's a group that specializes in big data and artificial intelligence services. Robots and that, I suppose. 'Terminators, boss.' Exactly, Voice. Terminators. Not my cup of tea at all. But if people want to invest in such stuff, I can't stop them. 'Who's investing?' This lot -

Keensight Capital, one of the leading players in Growth Buyout and ISAI Expansion, the French Tech entrepreneurs' fund, announced the acquisition of a majority stake in IVIDATA, a consulting group specialized in Big Data and Artificial Intelligence services, alongside Etienne Aboulker, IVIDATA's co-founder and CEO.

Yeah, yeah. It's a PR email. No endorsement, obviously. 'You wouldn't endorse terminators.' Of course I wouldn't! I'm a nice mystical guy. There's nothing nice or mystical about those awful things.

Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Levallois-Perret, IVIDATA is a leading consulting group covering the entire Big Data value chain, from strategy to UX, and including Data Science and Data Privacy services. IVIDATA's one-stop-shop model offers a broad range of services structured around 5 areas of expertise.

So, uh ... 'What are the five areas of expertise, boss?' Ha! How should I know? 'Don't they list them?' Let's move on, man.

Yes, let's move on, further down the email. And do you know why, dear reader(s)? 'Tell them, boss!' Because I want some human quotes from some human beings. Do you understand?

Etienne Aboulker, Chief Executive Officer of IVIDATA stated: "We are thrilled to partner with Keensight Capital and ISAI, who have demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of our business and core strengths. This partnership opens a very exciting new chapter for the company, as it will allow us to further enrich our value-added data services portfolio and to embrace worldwide digital transformation opportunities. We are convinced that joining forces will enable us to scale up substantially and to become the European leader in Big Data services within the next 5 years."

Okay, okay. No mention of the terminators.

Philippe Crochet, Partner at Keensight Capital, said: "We are delighted to team up with IVIDATA in order to pursue its growth strategy. Etienne is a visionary manager and we immediately shared his ambitions and human values. Our deep knowledge of the IT and Healthcare sectors, as well as our strong international network, will help IVIDATA to fully benefit from the fast-growing demand for Big Data services, a market which is expected to double over the next 10 years."

Okay, okay. Human values. That's lovely. But they're keeping very quiet about the terminators, aren't they?

Pierre Martini, General Partner in charge of the Tech Growth / Buyout funds at ISAI, added: "We are glad to partner with Etienne and Keensight Capital to take part in IVIDATA's promising future developments. With its technological expertise, its strong entrepreneurial culture and the outstanding quality of its staff, IVIDATA is ideally positioned to take advantage of the steady growth of the Big Data market worldwide. We are determined to bring to the company all the support needed in order to roll out an ambitious development plan and thus to strengthen its technological leadership."

Er ... they keep going on about big data, whatever that is. Are you sure about these terminators, Voice? 'Me?! It's got nothing to do with me.' Well, you said they were building terminators. 'No. You said robots. Then I said, oh, terminators.' Yeah, okay. Whatever.

I suppose it doesn't matter, reader(s).

...

Anything else? Well, I've decided. 'What have you decided, Mikey?' Listen! 'Okay.' Even though I probably will live in Malibu, I'm going to make a serious attempt to buy Jim Maclaine's Stardust castle. 'Ha!' I'm not joking, Voice. 'All right.' And whatever the interior looks like now, I will have it redecorated to look exactly as it was in the film. With the pinball machine, and everything! I'll use the castle as my European base.

My music? Oh, I have a lot more enthusiasm for rehearsing since writing Stella. The song has given me a massive boost. It is frighteningly commercial, which is no bad thing: I'm going to need hits, man. You dig?

Right. Laters!