Wednesday 27 November 2019

Oh, funds ... they flow!

Yeah. Wonderful. Well ... I'm not actually in a great mood this morning, to tell you the truth. So I'm going to do this short PR email, quickly, and then move on to music - if you don't mind, dear reader(s). Music is the only thing that comforts me.

European fund flows report from the Lipper team at Refinitiv.
Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for October 2019.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in October amounted to net inflows of €28.2 bn.
Bond funds (+€23.0 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for October.
Absolute Return Bond EUR (+€5.6 bn) was the best-selling sector among long-term funds for October.
Maybe I'm Amazed.
France (+€10.7 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Luxembourg (+€10.2 bn) and Ireland (+€6.6 bn).
Amundi was the best-selling fund promoter for October overall, with net sales of €6.3 bn, ahead of BlackRock (+€3.7 bn) and Vanguard Group (+€3.1 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share-class level amounted to net inflows of €7.7 bn for October.
UBS ETF-MSCI United Kingdom UCITS ETF (GBP) A-acc (+€1.2 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund for October.


Right. Okay. And, uh ... our Detlef wants to say something -

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "European investors bought further into bond funds in October despite the new quantitative easing by the European Central Bank (ECB) and interest rate cut by the Federal Reserve. The general inflows into mutual funds come despite ongoing concerns about declining company earnings and the possible effects of the trade war between the U.S. and China."

Thanks, man.

ENDS

...

Something else. Before starting this post, I played my song This World Don't Mean a Thing. No warm-ups at all. No vocal go, go, go. No running my fingers over the fretboard. I just went straight into it, and I played it as well as I would have done two years ago after, well ... three or four hours of practice. And that, my friend(s), is "professional" level. [Thank God!] Like those guys who helped me record my demos in the late Eighties and early Nineties. You dig?

So, that's something to be happy about in this crazy world. Am I happy? My moods change, man.

Oh ... Stella makes me happy. There's transcendence in the explosive joy of that song. / My advice? Take joy where you can find it, kook(s). Life is short.

So ... politics? Christ! I don't discuss politics. It doesn't comfort me. Ha! But ... general election? I either won't vote or I'll vote Liberal Democrats for the first time. Really though, I'm just preparing for what comes after the election. I've already got the black leather jacket. And I'm already a badass. I just need to see if I can pick up a cheap V8 Interceptor from somewhere.

Laters.