Monday 16 February 2009

Cantab Capital Partners: no ego

There is no ego at Cantab Capital Partners. Ewan Kirk has no ego. He says he is terrified of becoming a god of finance.

Dear oh dear. Has it come to this? Where would Big Herb be today if he had been terrified of becoming a god of finance? Well, he wouldn't be the money god we all know and love, that's for sure. He would be a schnook.

I have been speaking to David Pitt - chief priest in the cult of Big Herb - and he told me, 'Mikey, my friend, it's a sign of the times. Bankers and fund managers are losing their egos left, right and centre. They have no confidence in themselves. And they have lost faith in money. It's all very distressing. Where is the love that burns forever? Where is the fire that drives them on? By the way, when are you getting married? (Oh, not yet, Dave.) Every thug needs a lady, you know. I'd go with Stacy-Marie if I were you.'

Yeah, thanks, Dave, but I'm married to the job.