Thursday 15 November 2012

Apollo Global Management wants $12 billion for its new fund

Seems reasonable. Why isn't Apollo going for $20 billion? I guess some people just don't have any ambition. What is this fund? The Apollo Fund VIII. It sounds great, doesn't it? A shame they're not going for $25 billion, that's all.

I don't know. What can be done? Apollo Global Management is a leading global alternative investment manager. They are contrarian, value-oriented investors in private equity, credit, and real estate, with significant distressed expertise. They operate their businesses in an integrated manner which they believe distinguishes them from other alternative investment managers. They have applied this investment philosophy over their twenty-two-year history, deploying capital across the balance sheet of industry leading businesses, and seeking to create value for their investors throughout economic cycles. They just ain't got the balls to go for $30 billion, I'm afraid. Everyone's scared at the moment.

_________________________


That's enough. I don't want to wear myself out. I've got No. 72 to work on. Far more important than this stuff.

Tomorrow? And tomorrow, and tomorrow? No, just tomorrow. I'll have to push myself hard to finish that song. There's got to be a reward for my suffering. I know God is watching me.

God is watching all of us. And we all have a destiny. Maybe Apollo is right to aim for $12 billion.