Wednesday 28 November 2012

No one told me Bob Doll was retiring

I mean - 'But he's not retiring, Mikey! He's staying -' Yes, yes, I know he isn't retiring. However, he was going to retire, and no one - not one wretched financial soul - had the decency to tell me. 'Oh. Oh dear. Is it important?' Of course it is! I need to know what's happening, Voice. 'You do? Why?' Because I'm the world's foremost financial shaman! I'm supposed to be in tune with the whole goddamn cosmos! And that includes all the exciting financial news. 'Are you serious, man?' Well, not completely. / It would have been nice though. Someone could have sent me an email. One of my loyal readers, maybe. Bob himself could have got on the phone to me, to let me know. / 'So, he's staying at BlackRock then?' You're living in the past, Voice! Wake up! He's left BlackRock. He's going to be working at Nuveen Asset Management now as chief equity strategist and senior portfolio manager - if you can believe that. 'Okay. Well, no one told me, Mikey.' This is what I'm saying, man. No one tells us anything. 'It's jealousy.' I know. I'm not stupid. / Slags, the lot of them.