Thursday 22 January 2015

Trevor Greetham is a lovely man

Oh, don't take my word for it, dear reader(s). Look at the comment at the end of this article. (I'm sure Nathan Fryer is a lovely man as well. I've seen his photo on LinkedIn. He certainly looks lovely, if you know what I mean. 'Not really, boss.') / I find it refreshing, myself. It's nice to know that lovely men are still in the fund management game. 'He's left though, Mikey.' What? 'Trevor Greetham has left Fidelity to pursue other interests.' Oh yeah. Right. How many times have I written about fund managers leaving a firm to pursue other interests, eh? In the past, in my naivety, I always imagined they were going into the desert to devote themselves to the mystical life. However, a few months later they would always turn up at another firm managing yet another fund. 'Yeah. It's sad, Mikey.' Well, maybe. It's just the way they are, I suppose. I've tried to help them, Voice. You know I have, but ... 'Some people are beyond help.' / What would Jesus do?

Man, I don't know what he would do. Probably nothing. Me, I'm going to write another conceptual, No. 286. Fund management is full of lovely men and women. 'We shouldn't forget the women.' No. Birds like our lovely Louise. (She really is lovely.)

...

I'm listening to Purple Rain. / Lunch? Cheese and pickle sandwich, McCoy's salt and vinegar crisps, peach yoghurt, and a can of Coke. I'm looking forward to it. Not long to go.

Anything else? I can't understand why my angel keeps going to that stupid Davos nonsense. The place is full of scumbags, and she's there! Why?! 'Your Gilly don't know no better, Mikey. Someone needs to have a word with her.' Oh, live and let live. What do I care? I've got different fish to fry.

I love the blistering guitar solo at the end of Let's Go Crazy.