Tuesday 5 January 2016

Man Group, er, GLG, has hired Rory Hill and Ben Lynch from Moore Capital!

Yes, and I'm looking at their LinkedIn profiles RIGHT NOW(!) ... and I have to say I think I prefer Benny Lynch at this moment in time. 'Why, boss?! What's wrong with our Rory?' There's nothing wrong with him, Voice. It's just that our Benny looks more like a rock star - with those sunglasses of his, you know? 'Rock star? Ha! Personally, I think he looks like Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver.' Oh, don't be like that, man. I'm sure Mr Lynch isn't a psycho.

Anyway, both of these guys were portfolio managers at Moore Capital, and now they are portfolio managers at GLG. [I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they were bosom buddies, and always have been. It often happens. I'm not judging anyone.] They are mixed up with the long-short investing team that wagers on rising and falling share prices. So ... 'Are they financial shamans, boss?' Well ... I don't know. Probably. I mean, GLG is mostly shamans. 'Yeah.' Not a bunch of computer SQUARES(!) like the Man Group lot.

Well, well ... / It goes without saying that I will be taking both of them for a spin after lunch in my second conceptual post of this - 'Second?! No. 379, surely?' Will you let me finish, Voice? Please! Christ! Reader(s), it will be my second conceptual post of this ... year. 'Oh. Sorry.' And I don't know how many more I will be writing. 'Enjoy it while it lasts, reader(s)! You'll miss his bullshit when he's gone.' Shut up, you idiot!

I'm not going yet. Rock and roll shamanism hasn't claimed me yet. 'No. However, Jimmy is in the desert. He is waiting for you, Mikey. He is singing. Can you hear him?'

Well, the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end
Until the end
Until ... THE END!


...

Anything else? NO! ... is the short answer. / Laters ...