Wednesday 14 December 2016

Archie Struthers is the head of investments!

Nice one, Archie! Actually, I like to call him Jimmy. 'Why do you like to call him that, boss?' Well, no. Let's stick to Archie, eh? Archie is all right. / So, uh, Bloomberg ...

This person is connected to 0 board members in 0 different organizations across 1 different industries.

I'm really going to have to make a decision about LinkedIn, you know? 'You mean become a member again?' Yes. Because you can't see the profiles any more by just searching on Google.

Anyway, this Archie used to be at Aberdeen Asset Management. Now Standard Life Investments want him. Indeed, have got him! He'll start work on the ninth of January. He's taking over from Billy Lambert who's retiring ... in March. 'In March?' Yeah. 'Well, there's two months of ...' Yeah, I presume Billy is going to show Archie the ropes. 'You reckon?' Well, that would be the decent thing to do. I mean, Archie is going to come in not knowing his arse from his elbow. 'Right.' And Billy's a good guy. I don't see any problems. Unless ... 'Unless what?' Unless Billy becomes all demob-happy. 'Ah.' It happens to the best of them. 'He'll probably be sitting in the office fantasizing about golf all day long.' Yeah. 'Archie will be asking him questions. How do you do this? How do you do that? And -' And Billy will be away with the fairies, Voice. The golf fairies.

Christ! Maybe Roddy Paris will help out. 'Who?!' Roddy Paris. He's the chief investment officer at Standard Life Investments. Archie will be reporting to him.

Ha! I don't even know why we're worrying about all this. Standard Life Investments aren't a bunch of amateurs. 'Of course they aren't.' They'll work something out.

It's my fucking music I should be worrying about. I've got problems of my own. 'What's wrong now?' Oh, just finding the right strings, man. I put the Elixir ones on last night, and they have a beautiful sound. I think I'm going to stick with them. 'Well, that's all right then.' Yeah. But there's this imbecile roaring past my house on a motorbike at all hours, like that ... moron in Local Hero. How am I supposed to get any recording done?

Talking of films - 'Films?!' Yes, films. Local Hero is a film, a great film. 'Okay.' To celebrate Kirk Douglas' one hundredth birthday I watched Paths of Glory on Sunday. A really great film. Probably in the top ten of all time. It really shows the corruption of the human race. Maybe not one hundred percent corruption, but pretty close to it.

...

Anything else? Er, I think we've covered everything, dear reader(s). Finance, music, film. 'Politics, Mikey?' Get lost! Seriously.