Wednesday 21 December 2016

Ardmore Global Investors is closing

Well, well ... / Yes, Chris Connor has had enough, and he's moving now (with some of his team - analysts, apparently) to Citadel's Aptigon unit. And I don't have much to add, dear reader(s). [Or anything.] It’s just one of those things. 'And it's Christmas, of course, boss, and you're feeling lazy.' So?! You add something if you're so dedicated to this shit. 'All right, I will. Try this one on for size - This person is connected to 0 Board Members in 0 different organizations across 0 different industries. Ha! That's what Bloomberg says about Chris Connor, man. How do you like them apples?!' Christ! It's the same old thing, Voice. How can you delude yourself? / Ah, some things never change, dear reader(s). Bloomberg is so comforting, you know? In a world that has gone crazy, in a world where you never know what will happen from one day to the next, we can rely on Bloomberg to say This person is connected to 0 Board Members in 0 different organizations across 0 different industries about some finance guy.

...

Anything else? Uh. Tomorrow? 'And tomorrow, and tomorrow, Mikey?' What? Yes, Tomorrow is my last writing day of the year. Two or three posts, probably. Then I can spend all of my time eating mince pies and chocolates. I need a rest. I'm knackered. 'What about your guitar?' I'll be playing my guitar, man, over the holiday. Don't worry about that. / Actually, I've recently improved my rhythm playing by watching various "experts" on YouTube. I'm holding my pick differently, at a different angle, with different fingers, and I'm strumming in a different area - just before the sound hole, for your information, I mean, near the bridge. 'So, it's different strokes for different Fowkes, yeah?' Jesus! Shut up! You idiot! Please.

...

Anything else? Er ... what are you doing for Christmas? 'I'll be on the astral plane, with the relatives. The usual thing.' I wasn't asking you. 'Oh.' I was asking the readers ...

LOOK INTO MY EYES!!!

Really? That's very interesting. Well, I hope you have a nice time. You've been working hard this year. [Unless you're at Aviva Investors. Obviously.] Well ...

See you tomorrow. Laters.