Wednesday 15 January 2020

Former Norwegian minister joins IFAD

Yeah, it's a PR email. It's news. Don't say I write about music all the time, dear reader(s). Or motivation. This is a finance blog. But I can change the subject if I want to. After all these years ... why not?! But, anyway ... finance today. Rural finance!

Rome, 13 January 2020 - Aslaug Marie Haga, a Norwegian national, has joined the United Nations rural development agency, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) as Associate Vice-President of the External Relations and Governance Department.

And IFAD ... ? I haven't done one of their emails in a while, so ...

IFAD invests in rural people, empowering them to reduce poverty, increase food security, improve nutrition and strengthen resilience. Since 1978, we have provided US$21.5 billion in grants and low-interest loans to projects that have reached about 491 million people. IFAD is an international financial institution and a United Nations specialized agency based in Rome - the United Nations' food and agriculture hub.

Just to remind everyone, like.

Okay, okay. What is Haga responsible for?

In her role at IFAD, Haga is responsible for communications, global engagement, partnerships, and resource mobilization. In addition, she oversees the relations with the Fund’s 176 Member States.

And what's her experience?

Haga has more than 35 years' experience in conservation and food security, foreign affairs and politics. Most recently, she worked with the Global Crop Diversity Trust, where she was Executive Director from March 2013.

NOW - !!! ... What does she actually have to say for herself? This should be interesting ...

"I come to IFAD at an exciting moment as we enter a new decade in which the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals have to be delivered," Haga says. "I look forward to advancing IFAD's mandate and serve the poorest in the rural world by mobilizing resources to invest in projects that align with partners' objectives, aim for scalability, and lasting long-term results."

Nice one, Aslaug!

...

Right. Anything else? Elon? Our Elon? Well, Tesla is still going from strength to strength. Last week, Elon was worth over $27 billion. This week? Over $30 billion.

Nice work if you can get it, eh?

Right. What ... else? Where's the Voice? ... you're wondering. I don't know, kook(s). I'm not his keeper. Oh, he's my intern, but ... I don't pay him, obviously. [He's just a voice in my head, after all. I'm not a mug. Do you know what I mean?] I should imagine he's poncing about on the astral plane. He loves all that.

See you tomorrow!