Wednesday 8 January 2020

Yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah ...

Well, just some stuff on my mind, kook(s). I don't want to write about finance today. Actually, I'm going to stop writing about personal stuff and music stuff, and just concentrate on finance stuff - and conceptual stuff, of course, maybe with no "I"s or "You"s, like yesterday's No. 769. But today ... this, yes, yes.

I've got to buy a new laptop. I don't want to buy a new laptop. I'm going to get the cheapest one for £250, BUT(!) ... I don't want it. I would rather save my money or put it towards a new guitar, you dig? So, why am I going to buy a new laptop? Because Windows 7 is coming to an end next week. I still use Windows 7, and there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. I can't afford to buy new laptops for fun, man. Do you know what I mean?

Listen! I'm not sure about the audiobooks at the moment. Goggins or Vance/Musk? Goggins is all about becoming an unbreakable person, mentally, emotionally, physically. Vance/Musk is all about achieving things in the world. So, I don't know. [Tesla is going from strength to strength, and our Elon is worth over $27 billion.] The funny thing is, I haven't had time recently to listen to any audiobook properly because I've been so into my music when I'm not blogging. Christ. I've got problems, too. I feel just like Julius Caesar at the Battle of Alesia. Do you know what I mean?

Right. Let's play some tunes!

Bessie Smith. The Band. / From The Basement Tapes.

Editions of You. Roxy Music. / When they were crazy, not smooth.

Red Sails. David Bowie.

Political Science. Randy Newman.

(It's Good) To Be Free. Oasis. / One of their great B-sides.

Ah, that's enough.

...

Anything else? Yeah. Yeah. I've decided that I don't like the sound of fresh guitar strings no more. So there's no harm in my rehearsing a lot now while I'm getting ready to record. As long as the strings don't go dead. But I'm a long way from that. / Man, I wish I had a £3,000 Martin acoustic! Or even a new Yamaha, £800 or so. Ha! I'm getting a laptop I don't want. Never mind.

Laters!