Thursday 30 January 2020

Just music, man

Last post of the week and that. You dig?

Well, well ... listen! I massively improved my guitar playing last night by, uh ... watching a YouTube video for five minutes. 'Ha!' Yeah, yeah, I know. It's ridiculous, really. But you live and learn, don't you? / The thing is, on your fretting hand, it's better if you bend your last knuckles at a ninety-degree angle so that the very tips of your fingers are touching the guitar strings. That way you can get a cleaner sound. Before, I was using too much flesh on my fingers. 'A good guitar teacher could have told you this years ago, boss.' Yeah, well, I've got YouTube now, ain't I?

I'm not too depressed about it. I mean, years ago I didn't have the great songs I have today, so it wouldn't have improved my fortunes all that much. And don't forget the YouTube video that has transformed my singing over the last five months ... / As I say, dear reader(s), you live, and then you learn.

Right. Let's play some tunes!

Honaloochie Boogie. Mott The Hoople. / This tune was "playing" in my head this morning when I woke up. I'm not sure it's wise listening to it again. Earworm danger!

Judy Teen. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel.

Pop Life. Prince.

Where Angels Play. The Stone Roses.

Metal Guru. T. Rex. / From Bolan's golden period of writing. He really went downhill later.

Sweet Sixteen. Billy Idol. / A great song. And he seems to have written it, words and music.

Sign Your Name. Terence Trent D'Arby. Or Sananda Maitreya.

(There's) Always Something There To Remind Me. Sandie Shaw. / Bacharach and David!

All The Young Dudes. David Bowie. / A soul version from David Live.

And that's enough. Yes.

...

What else? I might go out after lunch, for a walk, like. I'll probably try recording again Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'm more hopeful now.

I'm thinking I need to write the ultimate "world-beater". I mean ... 'Didn't you hear it in that dream years ago?' Oh yes, Voice. I've mentioned this before, kook(s). This girl, uh, bird, uh, woman ... was driving me in her car. [No idea who she was!] And there was this amazing song playing on the radio. With a full production, too! A band and everything. 'And you can't remember it?' Man, I forgot it as soon as I woke up.

Never mind, eh?

Maybe Nothing is the ultimate, anyway. It needs a big production, probably.

Okay, okay. Have a nice weekend, crocodiles(s)!

Later(s)!