Tuesday 14 January 2020

I'm feeling a bit chaotic at the moment

So, no finance, I'm afraid. Yeah, I'm just a bit chaotic. 'Like Tommy Lee Jones in Under Siege, boss.' What?! 'His CIA boss said he was chaotic, remember?' Yeah, yeah. I remember, Voice. However, I think Tommy was only pretending to be chaotic because he wanted to steal those Tomahawk missiles. I'm not doing anything like that. 'Oh.' I'm just, uh ... trying to get through the day, son. You dig? 'Yeah.' Okay.

Okay, okay. No PR emails, anyway. Everyone is still on holiday. / Oh, those Aviva Investors characters ended their Christmas party last night. 'Four days early?!' Yeah. They were supposed to be going through to Friday night or Saturday morning, but ... well, they just ran out of steam, I suppose. 'Ha!' Euan actually phoned me on his mobile last night. 'What did he say?' Er, nothing I could understand, Voice. Do you know what I mean? 'Tipsy, was he?' Just a bit.

So, er ... that's some finance news there, for all you finance freaks, like. Maybe we can discuss music now. Yes?

Listen! I tell you, dear kook(s) ... I've got to record my new demo and get it online within the next four weeks. Everything looks grim, man, and ... I just want to get it done, you dig?

I'm not even sure there's much point in rehearsing. I know the songs inside out. It's my mental states! When I feel good, I play good. When I feel bad, I play bad.

And I've had enough of listening to motivational audiobooks. I would like one on The Beatles though. Preferably, Shout! by Philip Norman. BUT(!) ... it doesn't exist. Oh, I've got the paperback. I'll just read it. 'Old school, boss.' Exactly!

My demo?

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
Malibu
Stella


[Yeah, no changes, despite the new songs. I was thinking about replacing Malibu with Sell Yourself. But no! Sell Yourself isn't commercial enough, strangely, considering the title, like.]

It's the perfect balance!

This World Don't Mean a Thing ... is my most commercial song. A "banger", in the parlance of our times.

Nothing ... is the greatest song ever written. Like Beethoven and Shakespeare got together and decided to kick some ass in the world of pop.

Malibu ... might turn out to be my most popular song with other artists. I mean, cover versions, you dig? / And I reckon it's the best song about California. It will appeal to Americans, hopefully.

Stella ... shows my soft, romantic side. And it's another banger. Very commercial!

I just, uh ... I don't know, man. Do you understand? I hope you understand.

Life goes on. That's the main thing. Let's not despair!

Okay, okay. Laters!