Thursday 2 January 2020

It's an old one

From, uh ... 19th December. Last year, man!

Scope Analysis says that while investors will not suffer any losses - see Scope's report Airbus A380 - Part-Out as Final Option - they cannot expect the high single-digit percentage returns originally projected in the prospectus, but will have to make do with returns in the lower single-digit range.

Yeah, that's enough. 'Just that, boss?!' Yes. Just a fragment, Voice. It's the end of the week. I want to write about music. Besides, everyone is still on holiday.

...

Oh, I might quit the motivational audiobooks this year. I'm not sure yet. I mean, is it helpful thinking and behaving like a Navy SEAL or a rocket scientist ... when I really want to be a rock star? I don't know. The jury is still out on that one. 'What jury?!' It's just a saying, idiot!

I'm going to try recording my songs over the next few nights. I think I'll start with This World Don't Mean a Thing and Stella because they sound the best in rehearsal.

I've got bad anxiety about my life, man. Not that I want to discuss personal stuff. 'You're just saying, boss.' Correct!

Thank God I've got those four songs for my demo! If my performance comes good ... I mean, it was okay last night, when I was rehearsing, like. I felt good, so I played good. You dig? It's all to do with your emotional state. I'm convinced.

I only need rough recordings for What's This Life We Live? and Good Times. They won't be on the demo, but I'm going to send the recordings to that copyright service I use.

What's This Life We Live? is one of the greatest songs ever written. BUT(!) ... ... ... There's no room for it on my demo. And that's why I haven't gone to Cornwall and jumped into the sea like Bodhi. Do you know what I mean, kook(s)?

Anyway, let's play some tunes ...

Around and Around. The Rolling Stones. / A Chuck Berry cover.

I Don't Want To Spoil The Party. The Beatles. / I love this song!

Better Dayz. 2Pac. / Melancholic thug life.

Absolutely Sweet Marie. Bob Dylan. / "The Persian drunkard, he follows me". In his earlier days, Dylan had a talent for writing nonsense lines that sounded great. However, this song also contains one of his most profound lines: "To live outside the law, you must be honest." Er ... 'Isn't that nonsense, too, boss?' I'm not sure, Voice.

Memories. Leonard Cohen. / Cohen at his most deranged (at the end of the song). Maybe because Phil Spector was producing.

For Your Babies. Simply Red. / Christ. I really don't like the soppy lyrics, but this is one of the greatest pop melodies ever. I would have done something decent with the words, me.

Never mind.

...

Ah, I'm sticking with Goggins. Rock stars are too soft.

Laters!