Tuesday 21 November 2023

So many options

The thing is, you see -

'Great!'

What, Voice?

'We've got a PR email about options trading.'

Er ... have we?!

'Well, that's what you're writing about, boss ... isn't it?'

I'm writing about poetry, Voice.

'FFS! You're not writing about poetry any more! You said!'

That's next week.

'What's next week?!'

Next week I'm not writing about poetry any more, when I start my fresh start, like.

'Your fresh start!'

Yes. Now shut up.

Listen, kooks. I've got so many options when it comes to writing poetry. I mean, the form of it, you dig? I'm thinking it might be a good idea to write mainly free verse with rhymes, and blank verse - without rhymes, obviously.

The thing is, I wrote six lines of blank verse last night, and I'm sure this is going to be something. A great poem, I mean. It's just a matter of time and hard work. I'm excited!

Listen! I can be all "artistic" and shit with the free verse, but blank verse is good for the grandeur, like. 'Don't forget the sprinkles!' I won't! I won't forget, Voice. Christ. It's no good without the sprinkles, is it? These days.

'Ha! These days.'

Do you know what I mean, kooks???

Anyway ...

But there are others sorts of poems I can write, too. Too many options! You know?

Never mind.

'Don't get upset about it, boss.'

I'm not upset!

Idiot.

Anyway ...

These six lines ... at first, I had absolutely no idea what I was writing about ... then I got a subject ... and then ... all the lines changed, man!

It's just bizarre, really. I'm the sort of guy who likes to know what's going on. Do you know what I mean? It's clear that the cosmos has its own agenda, but I think it would be polite if I could be kept in the loop, yeah?

Common courtesy, that's all.

Never mind.

Laters.